Iridium Edge™ Demo Kit
After following our IoT customers to some of the most remote areas in the world, we created Iridium Edge™, a rugged, hardware-ready satellite add-on that complements terrestrial-based solutions to extend data connectivity everywhere. We know our customers. We understand the critical need for fleets and assets to maintain reliable connectivity. Through our newest ready-to-install device, Iridium® delivers the dependable solutions your customers need, without a complicated integration and development process.
Are you looking for ways to reach remote markets? Are you wondering if satellite communications can offer the scalability and reliability that you need for business operations? Then test drive Iridium IoT! Purchase an Iridium Edge Demo Kit today and you will get a first-hand look at the value that Iridium Edge and the related Iridium services can deliver. The kit will allow you to quickly evaluate the simple and robust design of the product, while benefiting from the low latency that is enabled through Iridium’s Short Burst Data® service.
The Iridium Edge demonstration kit is sold at an affordable $599. It provides users with free airtime for six months, with a data allowance of 25kB per month. After the demonstration period is over, the Iridium Edge device will be automatically deactivated. If you love the device, contact Iridium before the demonstration expires to continue taking advantage of the global connectivity enabled through Iridium Edge.
Learn more about the Iridium Edge device, including key features and the benefits that can only be enabled through the Iridium satellite network.
Fast time-to-market is a critical component in today’s highly competitive communications environment. Iridium Edge™ is a turnkey, environmentally sealed, rugged hardware device that reduces the cost and complications associated with hardware development, manufacture and certification of satellite-specific terminal.
Key Features of Iridium Edge™:
- Hardware-ready device for simple, low risk integration
- Low-cost device for affordable customer adoption
- Satellite add-on for truly global coverage
- Off-the-shelf availability for quick time-to-market
- Robust power supply for industrial installations
- Environmentally sealed for harsh conditions
- 180° line of sight for compromised, partially blocked locations
- Iridium Short Burst Data℠ (SBD℠) modem for Iridium's superior network advantages
- Fleet Management
- Remote Monitoring
- Asset Tracking
|PRODUCT TYPE||SATELLITE INTERNET|
|USE TYPE||FIXED, MARINE, VEHICULAR|
|USAGE AREA||100% GLOBAL|
|INGRESS PROTECTION||IP 67|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE||-40ºC to +85ºC (-40ºF to +185ºF)|
|STORAGE TEMPERATURE||-40ºC to +85ºC (-40ºF to +185ºF)|
- Message Size: 240 bytes (Receive), 370 bytes (Transmit)
- Frequency: 1616 – 1626.5 MHz
- Dimensions: 130 mm (L) x 80 mm (W) x 30 mm (H)
- Ingress Protection: IP 67
- Side and bottom cable exits
- Operating temperature range: -40C to 85C
- Storage temperature range: -40C to 85C
- RS232 AT command interface
- On/Off control lines
- Power Supply ( 9-32V), SAE J1455 Load dump protected
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Maximum Power: 1.6W (peak for short transmit burst)
- Low Power Modes: < 100uA
- Iridium® satellite network certification
- FCC, IC, CE, Australia approvals
- RoHS compliant
Iridium Global Coverage Map
Iridium is the only provider of truly global satellite voice and data solutions with complete coverage of the earth (including oceans, airways and Polar Regions). Iridium phones deliver essential communications services to and from remote areas where no other form of communication is available.